EXTERIOR WASH AND POLISH
EXTERIOR: Waxing your boat can be some of the best money you will spend. Give your yacht a thorough cleaning from stem to stern. Make sure that you clean and varnish bright-work as needed. Paint the bottom and keep it clean with a professional bottom cleaning service. Black anti-foul bottom paint shows best. Tidy up your dock lines, sheets, and halyards.
- First impressions are critical! Repair exterior elements that are seen first. Make sure that the boat is cleaned before the showing.
- Varnish wood, clean/polish bright work and clean teak as needed.
- Make sure that scuff marks are cleaned and all nicks and dings in the gelcoat is fixed.
- Paint the bottom and keep clean with a professional bottom cleaning service which in Florida, once a month is adequate. If your bottom is fouled, the boat will look awful and will perform even worse on sea trial. Black paint shows best.
- Tidy up dock lines, sheets, halyards and all deck gear whether a power cat or sailing catamaran.
- If your dinghy is stored on board the cat, position it so it drains properly and does not inhibit looking into lockers etc. Make sure it is properly inflated and clean.
- Cockpit cushions should be clean.