Seawind Catamarans are pleased to be launching the first Seawind 1000XL2 in the USA at the Annapolis Boat Show 2013, coinciding with the launch of the Corsair Cruze 970 and Corsair Dash 750 MkII.
More than 225 of the Seawind 1000 series have been launched and are sailing all over the world, with approximately 50 located in North America. The Australian design, made famous for Seawinds open saloon layout and sailing performance, now boasts ten new standard inclusions:
1. Fibreglass Hardtop Extension: This newly designed hardtop provides more internal shade and protection totally enclosing the helm and giving full access to pack away sails.
2. Galley & Saloon Hatch: This great innovation opens up the galley providing more light, ventilation and allows the crew closer communication.
3. Folding Saloon Timber Table: A beautifully hand crafted timber table now folds in three to allow more space around the saloon seats, or a coffee table.
4. Electric Tilt Motors:? Push button control to raise both outboard motors makes this boat even easier to manage for the short handed sailor.
5. Lighter Vacuum Bag Construction: Thanks to vacuum bag technology now used during fibreglassing, the displacement of the new XL2 has dropped by approximately 500kgs meaning better performance or larger load carrying ability.
6. LED Navigation & Internal Lights: Energy efficient LED lights are now standard on both navigation lights and internal lighting.
7. Updated Galley Styling: To compliment the new galley saloon hatch, the galley has had a make over with newly styled cupboards and a new optional oven.
8. New Electronics Console: With all the controls at your fingertips, this new electronics console has the chartplotter and multifunctional displays plus more in an ergonomic panel.
9. Hand Polished Stainless Steel: The quality of stainless steel finish has to be seen to be believed, with all weld joins hand polished out to be a seamless part.
10. Superior Fibreglass Finish: Thanks to the team at Corsair, many more man hours have been invested into an all-round amazing fibreglass finish.
Seawind Catamarans have recently completed its relocation of production to the Corsair Marine factory located in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, with all three models now under production including the Seawind 1000Xl2, Seawind 1160 and Seawind 1250.
The facility consists of 3 large factories and ancillary buildings with 8,000 square metres undercover. The largest of the factories houses the Seawind final assembly and fit-out processes. There are a number of support buildings including Timber Shop and Varnish/Paint complex.
Approximately 200 people are employed at the facility. The key managerial positions are filled primarily with expatriates, some from the Australian Seawind factory, of which many have had accumulated decades of experience in their fields in Australia.
Ten new Seawinds have already been launched from the new facility including two new Seawind 1000XL2s that recently arrived in the USA, one of which is on display at the Annapolis Boat Show for the very first time.