Seawind Sailing School
This is an introductory course designed to give you a good understanding of how to handle a modern sailing catamaran under sail and power. If you have some sailing experience, it will provide you with the increased confidence to charter a catamaran in places such as Sydney Harbour or the Whitsunday Islands or to take possession of your new Seawind. The course is designed to provide practical on-water tuition covering the basics you need to know to handle a cat of this size in sheltered or partially sheltered waters. Some sailing experience would be helpful but not necessary.
- 2 x 6 hour lessons (plus lunch break)
- Small group size, up to 8 participants. Couples encouraged!
- Tuition conducted on Seawind 1250.
- Two 6 hour practical lessons with Instructor/Skipper on a Seawind 1250.
- Course Notes
- Seawind certificate of completion
- Morning tea, water and snacks
Safety and safety equipment
Introduction to Catamarans (Seawind 1250)
Start and stop engine, select gears and manoeuvre under power
Docking, mooring and anchoring and use of bridal
Basic nautical terminology
Sail handling, rope work and knots
Rigging the sails, using winches
How to reef, when to do so
Steering under sail and sail trim
Points of sailing
Upwind sailing, tacking
Downwind sailing, gybing
Basic right of way rules
Introduction to lateral and cardinal, isolated danger and special marks
What to Bring/Wear:
- Non-marking joggers or boat shoes
- Casual and comfortable clothing for the predicted weather
- Sun hat, Sun glasses & Sun screen
- Gloves (optional)
- Waterproof Jacket
Where and When:
- Conducted on Pittwater starting from Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- From 9:00 am to 3:30 pm Saturday & Sunday
- Half hour for lunch in secluded bay on Pittwater
- Assemble on dock 15 minutes before your course is scheduled to start
- $499 per person
- Bring you own lunch or lunch provided at cost
BOOK NOW - Next Course:
Advanced Course 3 May in Pittwater NSW!
Beginner Course 31 May & 1 June in Pittwater NSW!
Sailing School Testimonial
The Seawind Sailing School was great. As well as being fun, it gave me valuable knowledge & insight into sailing & owning a Cruising Catamaran. I had sailed Mauri Cats & Mono Hulls before, plus have owned a speed boat for 20 years, so my basic boating knowledge is good, but Cruising Catamaran knowledge & experience was limited to a couple of bare boat charters in The Whitsundays.
Greg & Marilyn were excellent with their vast knowledge & experience & made it a relative easy progressive step to enjoying life, cruising on a SEAWIND 1250.
Greg was, and still is, easy to listen to & communicate with, re any short comings someone may have with sailing, operating or owning a Catamaran. I thoroughly recommend it.
Chris Kubara - Seawind 1250 Owner