Seawind Sailing School
This is an introductory course designed to give you a good understanding of how to handle a modern sailing catamaran under sail and power. If you have some sailing experience, it will provide you with the increased confidence to charter a catamaran in places such as Sydney Harbour or the Whitsunday Islands or to take possession of your new Seawind. The course is designed to provide practical on-water tuition covering the basics you need to know to handle a cat of this size in sheltered or partially sheltered waters. Some sailing experience would be helpful but not necessary.
- 2 x 6 hour lessons (plus lunch break)
- Small group size, up to 8 participants. Couples encouraged!
- Tuition conducted on Seawind 1250.
- Two 6 hour practical lessons with Instructor/Skipper on a Seawind 1250.
- Course Notes
- Seawind certificate of completion
- Morning tea, water and snacks
Syllabus: Safety and safety equipment; Introduction to Catamarans (Seawind 1250); Start and stop engine, select gears and manoeuvre under power; Docking, mooring and anchoring and use of bridal; Basic nautical terminology; Sail handling, rope works and knots; Rigging the sails, using winches; How to reef, when to do so; Steering under sail and sail trim; Points of Sailing; Upwind sailing, tacking; Downwind sailing, gybing; Basic right of way rules; Introduction to lateral and cardinal, isolated danger and special marks.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Non-marking joggers or boat shoes
- Casual and comfortable clothing for the predicted weather
- Sun hat, Sun glasses & Sun screen
- Gloves (optional)
- Waterproof Jacket
Where and When:
- Conducted on Pittwater starting from Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- From 9:00 am to 3:30 pm Saturday & Sunday
- Half hour for lunch in secluded bay on Pittwater
- Assemble on dock 15 minutes before your course is scheduled to start
- $499 per person
- Bring you own lunch or lunch provided at cost
BOOK NOW - Next Course:
Beginner Course 1st/2nd November in Pittwater NSW!
Sailing School Testimonial
The Seawind Sailing School was great. As well as being fun, it gave me valuable knowledge & insight into sailing & owning a Cruising Catamaran. I had sailed Mauri Cats & Mono Hulls before, plus have owned a speed boat for 20 years, so my basic boating knowledge is good, but Cruising Catamaran knowledge & experience was limited to a couple of bare boat charters in The Whitsundays.
Greg & Marilyn were excellent with their vast knowledge & experience & made it a relative easy progressive step to enjoying life, cruising on a SEAWIND 1250.
Greg was, and still is, easy to listen to & communicate with, re any short comings someone may have with sailing, operating or owning a Catamaran. I thoroughly recommend it.
Chris Kubara - Seawind 1250 Owner